Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2008

News From Underground: keeping up with flipping votes and other voting alerts

Please proceed to Mark's blog to keep up with the shit.


Thursday, October 30, 2008
Vote-flipping in Colorado (and suspension of a testing lab for the machines)
Electronic voting machine lab suspended by feds over performance concerns
By Wendy Norris 10/30/08 8:23 AM

A Denver-based independent lab that tests and certifies electronic voting machines is being suspended by the federal Election Assistance Commission for failing to comply with national standards.

SysTest Labs was responsible for verifying machines for future elections made by two vendors: Election Systems and Software (ES&S) and Premier Election Solutions, formerly known as Diebold. Both firms have sold machines currently in use in Colorado, including the ES&S iVotronic machines that are allegedly flipping votes, according to multiple voter complaints across the nation.

Closer to home, a supporter of Democratic state Senate candidate Mary Hodge alerted an Adams County poll worker last week that a vote for Hodge repeatedly switched to her opponent on a Premier machine.

Read more.

posted by MCM permalink ShareThis 0 comments

Tags: news from underground, election 2008, election fraud, election reform, election irregularities, mark crispin miller


Absentee ballots badly screwed up in Louisiana
On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Sarah W. wrote:

I thought you'd be interested in this bit of news...

Yesterday I received my absentee ballot from Louisiana and guess what was missing? The presidential ballot. Outraged, I went down to dinner and began speaking to other students and I would say about 5 out of 10 people I talked to said they'd had an issue with absentee ballots as well. Some hadn't received their ballots yet and others also had materials missing, though I was the only only who was missing the presidential ballot. It seems that this is a system wide deficiency and though I'd always heard that our voting system was flawed, I'd never experienced it first hand. This morning I called the Registrar of Voters in New Orleans and their solution is that I have to find a fax machine so that they can send me my ballot, then I have to fax my ballot back to them waiving my right to secrecy...But what choice do I have? I can vote, or I can not vote. I then called my mom, a lawyer, and she has already called the local newspaper, the Obama campaign, and the Registrar of Voters to let them know that she is planning to file a class action suit on voting rights against the state of Louisiana with me as a principal plaintiff.

Anyway, I thought you'd like that given our country's practice of invading other countries in the name of democracy.

Sarah


posted by MCM permalink ShareThis 1 comments

Tags: news from underground, election 2008, election fraud, election reform, election irregularities, mark crispin miller


Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Flawed ballot may cost Obama 100,000 votes in North Carolina
ALERT!!
Confusing North Carolina Ballot Leaves off Votes for President!!
October 27, 2008 ·

Please contact ALL your friends and family in North Carolina and alert them to the confusing ballots with which some voters have already encountered difficulties, particularly among new voters and the elderly. Voting the straight Democratic party ticket on the ballot DOES NOT include voting for the President!!
RALEIGH, N.C. - "I was sure I voted for president, but then a friend told me that a straight-party vote in North Carolina includes every office except president. That made me really mad," Linda Chavis told OffTheBus.

Politically speaking, Chavis didn't just fall off the turnip truck. She is a volunteer "crew chief" for the Obama campaign in Raleigh who did not notice the separation between the straight-party vote and the presidential vote on North Carolina's poorly designed ballot in 2004. "I thought I voted against George W. Bush, but it turned out I didn't vote for president at all. It's an issue today because we're still using the same confusing ballot," said Chavis.

Chavis wasn't the only dumbfounded voter in 2004. A Duke University researcher estimated that more than 90,000 people who voted in North Carolina inexplicably did not cast a vote for president. That's 60,000 to 70,000 more than researchers would expect.

Read more.

posted by MCM permalink ShareThis 1 comments

Tags: news from underground, election 2008, election fraud, election reform, election irregularities, mark crispin miller


Courts packed with New Yorkers stricken from the rolls
It's Down to One Week

Courts are packed with cases of people whose voter registrations aren't on file for some reason

By RICK KARLIN, Capitol bureau
First published: Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A dramatic presidential race has prompted voter registration drives nationwide, and New York is no exception. Everyone expects long lines at the voting booth on Nov. 4.

But first comes a different kind of crunch: Local courts already are seeing an influx of people who, for whatever reason, are not listed as registered voters and are petitioning a judge to be enrolled.

While county boards of election typically have judges available on Election Day to rule on such cases, voters this year are heading to court days or even weeks ahead of time.

Read more.




News From Underground

No comments: