Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Rockaway Beach NY

A friend who visited me pointed me in the direction of this article about my beach neighborhood away from Manhattan. I'm still waiting for a a reasonable offer for this huge house of my childhood and my mother's childhood, stuffed with clothes, records, books, etc. etc. (ad nauseum), some dating back to the early 1900's. It's going to take at least 4 months to dispose of everything. Also still trying to sell my Greenwich Village apartment. Yes yes, this is no time to sell real estate. But I have to move on!

For those who choose to access the article, it's been a horrendous summer of night-time drownings. For the past three days, the beach has been closed to swimmers due to rip currents and high waves affected by Hurricane Bill.

Access the article via the green title link above.

No comments: