Search This Blog

Monday, April 17, 2006

My story "Blah Blah" (with the famous first line about the manatee --- oh, you haven't heard it?) will be published in the excellent New School's LIT magazine, maybe in the Fall. Great news item. Pass it on.

I am working on "My Life with the Runaway Bride" Part 2, wherein our contemplative yet affectionate protagonist turns 10. It's a traumatic time for Lew, as his mother is insisting he enlist in the war against Libya (despite the fact she's got the country wrong & he's too young to enlist), the bride has disappeared, and both the cop and the Principal are on his case, as well. In an attempt to understand the significance of turning 10, he undertakes the writing of an essay. You'll simply have to read the rest of the story or novella or novel or whatever the fuck it turns out to be to find out what happens. But it's tougher for me, as I'll have to write it to find out what happens. I'm on tenderhooks and in suspended disbelief in the meantime & in the meantime I'm in suspended disbelief on tenderhooks.

SEE ENTRY OF APRIL 24TH FOR EXCERPTS FROM PARTS 2 & 3.

No comments: